Friday, March 28, 2014

Wow! ChchachaChanges AGAIn!

Ok I am so disappointed it has been so long! Really!! But I can summarize quickly!
* September 2013 took a trip to Chicago to check on Opal the precious grandbaby!
    youngest daughter moved back to Gawga. I was so heart broken! Depressed

* found the local craft brewery - Revolver open with live music on Saturdays! This is way better than
   Religion!

* September we attended our first ever 4 day music festival in Stephenville, tx and celebrated 35     years of marriage with Larry Joe Taylor and several thousand close friends-- it was better than we could've ever imagined!! And fell head over hills in love with Texas Music!

*October flew to Atl and saw my youngest and oldest and drove on to Nashville to see cousins and sisters then back to Atl! ( note: Atl is always near and dear to my heart! But... I was ready to see my Texas! And have my dear husband!

*November 2013   All my babies came out for a week (grandbaby for ten!!) and it was great to have them all here but was a little tricky making sure they didn't get bored! And I stayed too busy being the airport shuttle the first 5 days! Plan that better next!
Thanksgiving was celebrated with two pups at ThreadGills in Austin! It was magical! Austin stole my heart immediately with its beautiful natural beauty- it's hippy soul and it it's music roots! Tried to impress this city on the kids as a fabulous option... Oh well....
~drove to see Tejas Brothers in a tiny bar in Stephensville OMG! They were awesome and during the break hung around the bar and talked ... Asked my favorite part of Texas? "The Texas Music for sure!"
~ drove to weatherford to hear Uncle Lucuis!! AGAIN -- freaking awesome band!! I would run off
with these guys no doubt! We feel certain they are going to explode into the scene and we will have just barely known them in the beginning!

*December was a strange and cold and wonderful month! - iced in for 5 days! Since we were not going to see son #2 I got to go spend 5 days in ft. Lauderdale with him! He had never been the only child before! And it was the most special 5 days for me! He is not a big talker (till after a couple drinks! And then the window of opportunity is limited in subject! It was the first time we had had a chance to just relax and talk since he was just a little boy.... Thank you Big Rusty!!
Traveled from Granbury to Atl to Nashville to Russellville, Arkansas! To Oklahoma City! For a 12 day tour! It was great and we will go back to Oklahoma City!

*January just cold and well bla as far as I recall except I went to the GYM every day and lost 4 lbs!!

*February two weeks with that amazingly wonderful grand-Opal! She laughed and hugged and made me the happiest frozen Jaja in Michigan history!  for recent updates on Opal please see daughters amazing blog and 2 days after getting back home we facetimed and I am certain she remembered me!! ;-) also sucked it up and joined Weight Watchers and was as sick as could be for about 3 weeks!! (as of 03/28/14 down 11lbs!!)

*March we met real Granbury friends! Dee and Billy! and Diania and Bobby all at the Brewery! LOL!! and this feels like home to me. I can not imagine going back to Marietta. THAT IS AMAZING!

But the best thing is.... our oldest son and wife are on their way out here to live!! they just picked up and went out on a desire to try something new and wild and different (and rent free in the guest house till they find work! LOL)  THEN the youngest daughter will be back and Texas truly feels like home... now if i can just get that GrandOpal out here!!!


I really hope to make time to use this blog more regularly. It helps clear my mind and reminds me how truly quickly time passes unrecognized if you dont note it!

No comments:

Post a Comment