Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Wow my time to be a Jaja!

The day I leave to be with our daughter and her husband --- to wait for our first grandbaby!  We have stayed very close up to this point with texts and FaceTime and her blog, "A City for Three".

Where she tells of the ride of her first pregnancy and all of her excitement and hopes and plans for their little family.  I suppose this is the biggest difference at being the grandmother... I can not wait to hold and imagine but I am most excited to just BE present and embrace this child. As the grandmother the responsibility falls more in the support of a family than directing a child.  I want these new parents to do what they feels is best and most important for their daughter. My encouragement and any guidance will be to help mom and dad! The miracle of a new person will blow their socks off that I know! So when the daily grind and lack of sleep rob them of this amazing perspective I will scoop up the baby and allow them to breath in and energize - not only the first two weeks but ANY time the view is a bit fuzzy  with weariness.

They are an adorable couple with an outstanding perspective of love for one another and their families.


With that much to give it was very natural for them to bring a little one in on the joy!
This may very well me the social work I have dreamed off since a young college student a zillion years ago. I just want them to feel comfortable with my presence, not burdened or stressed.  They can share and cry and laugh with me without judgement because I know those feelings as well! And becoming a parent to another human being that you want only good and wonderous days for well it is the most challenging piece of life! But I know without a doubt they can do it they only need rest and love themselves!

Thank you both for allowing me to be there for you and thank you dear Einstein for just letting me be the ambassador of welcome for our daughter's daughter!

No comments:

Post a Comment